Friday, January 29, 2010

Reminiscing about the time I'm missing..

On Christmas/New Year's break of 2008-09, I got the privilage to go to London, England and march with others from the FHS Marching Admiral Band in the 2009 London New Year's day Parade. For one week, I got to live as a british person would and go around seeing all the different attractions and landmarks. Below is a picture of one of the very spiffy guards in his big black, fuzzy hat.

Another really cool contraption I got to see was the Tower Bridge. Tower Bridge is a neat little bridge in which cars can drive on when the light is green. Once the light turns red, all cars must stop so the bridge may come up and a boat/ship may cross underneath without hitting the deck.


Big Ben. One of the clock towers that is known throughout the world. He has the sweetest ringing of bells I have ever heard. I took many pictures of him because I loved him so much.

Normally I am quite afraid of heights, but after riding on The London Eye, I have pretty much overcome that fear. The London Eye is the biggest ferris wheel in the world, and I got to ride it. :)

We got to go tour Windsor Castle, but sadly, the Queen was not in. :( It was still a magnificant place though.


Windsor Castle

I have so many other pictures to help me remember the good times I had over in London. Hopefully one day I will go back..I miss that place dearly.

2 comments:

  1. it is very pretty. all of them. i want to go too! my dads been a couple of times and im severly jealous. its on my bucket list... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I definitely want to go back too. I had sooo much fun there.

    ReplyDelete